The biblical minister, by definition, is committed to the Old and New Testament as the only authoritative rule of faith and practice. It is not only important for Christians to know what we believe, but also why we believe it. In establishing these beliefs, unless doctrine is based 100% upon the Holy Bible they are of no value. Both the faith and conduct of the biblical minister, as well as his ministering theory and practice, are formed by the standards of the Scripture that we, affirm:
1. That the Bible is the only inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God; it, alone, is the final authority in determining all Doctrinal Truths. THE HOLY BIBLE SAYS THAT:
“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” II Tim. 3:16.
“Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” II Peter 1:20-21.
“Every word of God is pure” Prov. 30:5. Additional Scriptures: Rom. 16:25-26.
2. That there is only one God, (defined as the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob) eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; They are all of the same substance, and are co-equal, and co-eternal. THE WORD OF GOD SAYS THAT:
“Then God said, Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.” Gen. 1:26.
“Go, therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” Matt. 28:19.
“Then Jesus, when He had been baptized, came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'”
Additional Scriptures: Luke 1:35, Isa. 9:6, Heb. 3:7-11.
3. The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory. We believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son, the 2nd person of the Trinity. On earth He was 100% God and 100% man. He was the only man ever to live a sinless life. THE BIBLE SAYS THAT:
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh…” John 1:1,14.
“And Thomas answered and said to Him, ‘My Lord and My God!'” John 20:28.
“… God was manifested in the flesh…” I Tim. 3:16.
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isa. 9:6.
“… Christ Jesus…who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God” Phil. 2:5-6. Additional Scripture: I Tim. 2:5.
4. That for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential through faith.
5. That Jesus not only paid for our sins, but He also brought healing to the whole man, spirit, mind, and body by redeeming us from the curse of the law, which makes Him both Savior and Healer by and through faith in His name.
6. The present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is sanctified and enabled to live a godly life;
7. The baptism of the Holy Spirit which is manifest through the believer in the form of the gifts of the Spirit as well as the power to witness to the unbeliever the mystery of salvation through faith.
8. The gifts of the Spirit which are available to all believers through faith that enables the believer to function in the power of God to minister to others.
9. The Fruit of the Spirit, which is the manifest nature of God being lived through the believer by the enablement of the Holy Spirit through faith.
10. The resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
11. The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and His Church and that the Body of Christ is one body made up of many believers around the world.
12. That Jesus is returning for His bride for union with Himself and that Jesus is returning physically upon the earth to rule and reign as King of kings.
13. That the believer, both men and women, are called by God for a divine purpose for which the believer is responsible to fulfill in union with Jesus.
14. That Satan is a spiritual being that rebelled against God and fell from heaven like lightning (Luke 10:18) in judgment and whom Jesus defeated, disarmed, and rendered powerless to the believer through Jesus’ triumph over him on the cross (Colossians 2:14-15) and has given His church all power over Satan and his hoards (Luke 10:19) with which the church is responsible to enforce; that enforcement being executed through faith in God’s word. (1 John 2:14)
The Bible, alone, is the final authority in determining all Doctrinal Truths.